Friday, July 8, 2022

Cheesy Herbed Garlic Bread

I don’t know about you, but when I have a salad as a main dish, particularly one as light as my new favorite with Mayfair salad dressing, I am going to need something on the side. I recently found a recipe for cheesy herbed garlic bread that sounded good, so I had to try it. I’m not entirely sure why the word “herbed” makes its way into the name because the only thing herb-y about it is the parsley or basil that you sprinkle on top, and that is optional. I will say that this bread is truly delicious! It is cheesy and garlicky and loaded with flavor. The recipe calls for it to be spread on a split ciabatta loaf. I bought ciabatta rolls from Aldi (they are amazingly good), and used them. This is a keeper!

Cheesy Herbed Garlic Bread

As seen on livinglou.com

 1 large ciabatta loaf

½ c. Duke's mayonnaise

¼ c. unsalted butter, softened

4 cloves garlic, minced

2 green onions, thinly sliced

2 c. cheddar cheese

2 c. mozzarella cheese

¼ t. freshly ground black pepper

1-2 T. chopped fresh parsley or basil, optional

 Preheat oven to 350°F.

 In a medium bowl, mix mayonnaise with butter, garlic, green onion, cheddar, mozzarella cheese and pepper. Slice ciabatta loaf in half lengthwise and spread cheese mixture over all.

Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Sprinkle with parsley or basil and serve immediately.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 
 

6 comments:

Gina said...

I make something very similar to this, but with French bread. But I agree - the ciabatta takes it to a whole new level. Lots of nooks and crannies for the goodness. The combo of garlic, cheese, and butter was meant to be!

Marie Smith said...

Yummy! My family will love this!

R's Rue said...

Yum.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Linda said...

That cheese spread is very similar to my recipe, although I've never added basil to it (yum!) or tried it on ciabatta rolls. I've been eyeing those at Aldi every time we shop there, so I'll pick some up next week!

sandy said...

looks so good. Hi Linda - you go to Aldi also. We go every month - love their coffee prices. This recipe looks so good.

thepaintedapron.com said...

This sounds amazing, thank you Pattie!
Jenna