Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Under the Sea Table for Two

 

This tablescape is a riff on the “Supper by the Shore” tablescape that I did last week. One of the reasons that I wanted to create this was not only because I wanted to use my adorable individual fish tureens, but also as an illustration at how easy it is to adapt one table setting into another.

  The centerpiece of this table is the water pitcher that I used last time, only this time it has been pressed into service as a vase. It is in the “Stamped Seahorse” pattern from Maxcera, and full of yellow alstroemerias, a cheerful and long-lasting flower.

I wanted the pop of yellow at center to be picked up in the stemware, so I chose one of my favorites, these yellow goblets. Noritake flatware with ridged ceramic handles, add even more yellow to this setting.

The whimsical and adorable miniature fish tureens in yellow and turquoise are vintage and were a promotional item from Chicken of the Sea. Aren’t they just the cutest things ever?!

As you can see, I kept the round tablecloth in burlap and fishnet topper the same as I did last week. This week I added wicker placemats. 

The turquoise salt and pepper shakers are Fiestaware, giving a nice complementary pop of color; the little yellow dish heated by a tea light candle is made in Holland by Boska.

The napkins are the same ones that I used last week, only this week I changed the position of them from under the plates to the right on top of them, emphasizing the secondary color.

I love candlelight at a dinner table, so this week chose glass candleholders with a space in the bottom for the organic element of my choice, in this case river-washed stones, adding more to the center of the table, to give that ocean bed feel.

When you’re setting a table, no matter the occasion, keep in mind that a few changes or variations can make a big difference.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday

9 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Gorgeous! Your taste is impeccable!

Gina said...

So pretty! What menu are you serving with this setting? This reminds me to start buying myself fresh flowers!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

So colorful and welcoming!! I adore the fish tureens!!

thepaintedapron.com said...

Great redo Pattie! Those individual fish tureens are so cute! I love alstromeria, so long lasting and low maintenance! The yellow really pops!
Jenna

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

The fish tureens are interesting, unusual, and special. Love. your table settings!

Alycia Nichols said...

I don't see yellow alstroemeria as often as some of the other colors, so this is an extra special treat! You've done a phenomenal job of making this table for 2 something really special. The tureens are the diggity bomb!!!!!!!!!!!

Balvinder said...

How beautiful. I'm loving all your table setting.

sandy said...

oh wow, love this setting! Haven't ever even imagined something like this.

Linda said...

Pattie this one is the BEST! I went back and looked at the last tablescape and am amazed at what those few things can do - it looks completely different to me. I LOVE the pops of yellow. This time around I noticed the seahorse pitcher/vase. I really like the flatware. It all looks just beautiful!