Monday, July 18, 2022

Grilled Zucchini

I have gone absolutely wild using my grill this season. I have already used it more this summer than I have in the past three years. I know nothing about grilling, but I am learning fast with various forms of experimentation. Week before last I grilled cauliflower steaks. This week I’m grilling zucchini. There is absolutely nothing to this, and I find that thicker slices keep the zucchini from going limp as it often does on the grill if the slices are too thin. Make dinner easy on yourself by doing as much as you possibly can outdoors. Keep that kitchen cool!

Grilled Zucchini

1 to 2
Melissa’s organic zucchini, sliced diagonally ½” thick
¼ c. your favorite Italian salad dressing
½ t. dried parsley
½ t. dried basil
Few gratings freshly ground black pepper
Garlic salt

Slice zucchini and allow to drain on a paper towel-lined plate for 15 to 30 minutes while you are preparing the grill. In a medium to large bowl, whisk together Italian dressing, parsley, basil, and pepper. Place drained zucchini into the dressing tossing to coat. Place it on the grill at medium/high heat and close the cover. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and sprinkle with garlic salt. Serve immediately.


3 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Just what I needed! I have 2 decent size zucchini sitting on my counter and was wondering what to do with them. This sounds easy and perfect.

Alycia Nichols said...

I would be 100% willing to try this. I've been slowly making myself like zucchini. With the seasonings involved here, I'm pretty sure I would like this!

Linda said...

Look at those beautiful grill marks! Looks like you are a pretty accomplished grill master to me. The thicker slices makes a lot of sense, and I would probably throw a big handful of cheese on top and take away from the healthiness of it - lol!