Monday, June 26, 2023

Cheesy Paprika Cauliflower

 
My mother used to say that she could make a meal out of vegetables, and I was always right there with her. Dad, being a carnivore, wouldn’t go for that, and neither would the late Mr. O-P. Now that I’m on my own I eat what I like, when I like, and today was one of those vegetable days. Green beans amandine, broiled tomatoes, and this cauliflower dish made up my dinner plate. It was colorful, satisfying, and delicious, and, truth be told, eating vegetables always makes me feel a whole lot less guilty about having a buttered-slathered crusty roll alongside. This is a dish that is tastier than it would appear. It is super simple to put together, and is one that I do believe the kids would enjoy.

Cheesy Paprika Cauliflower

Adapted from robinmillercooks.com

1 head cauliflower, cut into florets

1 T. extra virgin olive oil

1 t. smoked paprika

½ t. garlic powder

¼ - ½ t. seasoned salt

¼ t. freshly ground black pepper

1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

1-2 scallions, chopped

 Preheat the oven to 350°F.

 Blanch the cauliflower in a large pot of boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain and transfer the florets to a large bowl. Add the olive oil and toss to coat. Add the paprika, garlic powder, seasoned salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of the cheese; gently toss to coat the florets evenly.

 Transfer the cauliflower to a shallow baking dish and top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 5 minutes, until the cheese melts.

 Top with scallions and serve.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 

3 comments:

Marie Smith said...

We are eating lots of cauliflower and broccoli these days. This looks so good!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I am a lover of cauliflower. Your recipe looks delicious. I also like your positive attitude
"I’m on my own I eat what I like, when I like, and today was one of those vegetable days"

Gina said...

This looks really delish and I don't know why I don't cauliflower more often. My mother used to steam a whole head of it and slather it with cheese sauce, which never appealed to me. But this looks really good and seems even simpler to make!