Thursday, August 31, 2023

Dinner at the Shore Tablescape

 
Despite the fact that the calendar insists there are three more weeks of summer, once September hits, it’s over for me. My official first day of fall is September 1. I’ve noticed a change in myself; I’m starting to gravitate towards fall colors, I bought pumpkin to make quick bread, and I’ve been digging out my favorite throws to launder and have at the ready. Why am I mentioning this, you may ask? I mention it because this will be my last table of the summer. I had actually started another summer table in pink and green with flamingos, but I just wasn’t feeling it, so I took it all down in favor of something more autumnal.
 
What I brought forward here from last week's tablescape is the salmon colored glassware. As I mentioned last week, it fits quite suitably on a table with an ocean theme, based upon name alone. 
The star of the show is the Dario Farrucci Italian ceramic pitcher at the center.  Isn’t he a cutie? The flowers came in a vase (that I donated) from Amazon (I chose the Burgundy arrangement, and it matched perfectly), to which I added fresh olive branches that I snipped off of my tree.
  
The table covering is from Williams-Sonoma, as are the matching napkins and crab plates. I love this combination. The woven placemats form the base of the plate stack on top of which I have painted tin chargers, and rustic brown plates that I found here. Next to the place setting are little fish dishes (from World Market) to do use for butter pats.

 
The hammered flatware is by Mikasa and I found it here. Joining the salmon colored ice tea glass is gorgeous cobalt blue stemware.
  
While dining at this table I enjoyed a new (to me) recipe for a clone of Chi-Chi’s enchilada casserole made up of crabmeat enchiladas. It was very delicious and the plate was perfectly appropriate. 
Be sure to come back next time to see what elements of this table I brought forward into my first table of fall.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

  This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday


5 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I will milk summer until the official fall date 3rd week in September. I do like fall but I love summer. Your table looks beautiful as always with some very interesting pieces .

Sarah said...

Pattie, this is such a fun escape from our summer heat here in TX. Your table is full of colorful fun. What a treat!

Marie Smith said...

The fish vase is the star of the table. Love it.

thepaintedapron.com said...

Oh Pattie, I adore that cute fish pitcher, so fun!!! This is a great way to bid Summer farewell, bring on the pumpkins and fall comfort food!
Jenna

Linda said...

What beautiful colors - they would make a gorgeous quilt! Love the burgundy roses and that table covering. It's glorious!