Monday, October 30, 2023

Broccoli Pasta Salad with Bacon and Sunflower Seeds

 
I was experimenting in the kitchen over the weekend and ended up making this pasta salad. This is the first time, as well as I can remember, that I have ever added broccoli to pasta salad. It was so good that I could hardly stop eating it. My intention was to use it as a side dish, but I ended up tossing it with some grated pepper jack cheese, and had it as a meal. If you would prefer your pasta salad, be less creamy, then just use your favorite vinaigrette and toss it all together. I’m thinking that you’re probably going to like it either way.

 Broccoli Pasta Salad with Bacon and Sunflower Seeds

1/3 c. your favorite vinaigrette
½ c.
Duke’s mayonnaise
2 T. sour cream
1/8 t.
dry mustard
Seasoned salt, to taste
White pepper, to taste

6 oz. vegetable rotini pasta
2 c. chopped broccoli, florets
1 3-oz. pkg.
Melissa’s dried tart cherries
¼ c. dry roasted sunflower seeds
4 thick slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled

In a large bowl whisk together vinaigrette, mayonnaise, sour cream, dry mustard, and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.

In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.

Add drained pasta, broccoli, red onion, dried cherries, sunflower seeds, and bacon to bowl with dressing, toss to combine. Refrigerate for one to four hours to allow flavors to meld before serving.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


3 comments:

Linda said...

I'd definitely go the Duke's route! The addition of the dried cherries and the sunflower seeds - YUM!

Gina said...

I love a good pasta salad and this combo looks really good!

Marie Smith said...

We will have this tomorrow for lunch. Thank you for posting it!