Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Cheesy Garlic Bread

  If you are having salad as a main dish, it needs something on the side (unless, of course you are piling it high with meat and cheese). I started something new this year in making salads early in the week, vacuum sealing them, and pulling one out every day to enjoy with a half a sandwich, a cup of soup, or a roll. I love the convenience of it all. The other day I wanted something different with my salad and the thought of cheese garlic bread popped into my head. I found a recipe on The Feed Feed that looked interesting because the garlic was roasted. I adapted that recipe to include a topping of grated mozzarella cheese, and it is phenomenal! It was so good, in fact, that I spread the mixture on a slice of rustic bread and had it for breakfast the next day, topped with slices of avocado. Delish! 

Cheesy Garlic Bread

Adapted from thefeedfeed.com

 1 bulb garlic
1 T. olive oil

Pinch sea salt

½ c. butter, room temperature
2 T. fresh parsley, finely chopped
 ½ t.
red pepper flakes
½ c. grated Parmesan
Pinch of kosher salt
Few gratings freshly ground black pepper
1 c. grated mozzarella cheese
One baguette

Preheat oven to 400° F.

Drizzle the garlic bulb with olive oil and sprinkle sea salt on top. Wrap tightly in foil and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.

Put the softened butter into a bowl and add the parsley, olive oil, red pepper flakes, Parmesan, and generous pinches of salt and pepper. Beat everything together. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the bulb and beat it into the butter.

Slice a baguette in half lengthwise and cut each half into three pieces. Spread a generous amount of garlic butter on each side.  Sprinkle top with grated mozzarella.

Bake the garlic bread for 12 to 14 minutes until edges are golden and the cheese has melted.

 

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purhases.

 

4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I will try this for sure!

bread&salt said...

Cheese bread, garlic bread, banana bread, olive oil bread are so popular here! I have tried couple of them but your cheese and garlic combination bread looks great and looks very new. Thanks for the recipe.

The Tote Trove said...

Your lunches sound lovely! And this cheesy garlic bread looks scrumptious, especially with the avocadoes you mentioned. I have some ripening now and can't wait to eat them. :)

Rustown Mom said...

I'm leaving this comment on an older post on purpose - hope we all see a new blog post soon! Be well (: