Thursday, January 6, 2022

Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

 Jeepers! It is cold here! I think it probably feels colder because we had such a warm December. Yesterday I had a fire going in the fireplace trying to warm up, and spent a good bit of time in the kitchen. There is something about busying myself in the kitchen, with the oven going, that just seems so warm and cozy. Another thing that makes me feel warm and cozy is soup, particularly one as comforting as this creamy chicken noodle soup with wonderfully thick noodles.

Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

1 large skinless, boneless chicken breast
7 c.
homemade chicken stock
2 ribs celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
3 scallions, chopped
1 t. dried parsley
1 t. seasoned salt
1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
2 10.5-oz. cans
condensed cream of chicken soup
1 c. sour cream

6 oz. wide egg noodles

Place chicken, stock, celery, carrot, scallions, parsley, seasoned salt, and pepper into the bottom of a
5-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until chicken is no longer pink, 5 to 6 hours.

Remove chicken, shred or dice it, and return it to the pot. Stir in soup and egg noodles. Continue to cook until noodles are tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Stir in sour cream, and taste for additional seasoning.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

5 comments:

Marie Smith said...

This looks delicious! Yummy!

Gina said...

That looks so good! We had a few days of cold, now back to 40 degree mornings and a high of 63. Perfect weather for getting some things done in my yard. Those noodles are impressive...Happy Thursday!

Linda said...

That is my kind of soup Pattie! I think the addition of cream of chicken soup kinda makes it extra special. Those look like goooood noodles, like Granny used to make.
I agree with you, being busy in the kitchen on a cold day helps take that chill away.

sandy said...

I would eat that in a heartbeat - ...yum. We in the mountains this week, have been having 50's weather during the day. I'm loving it.

bread&salt said...

WoW combination (chicken and noodles) is amazing! I am sure it must be delicious.