Saturday, January 1, 2022

Peppermint Milk Shake

 

Is it just me, or does every month seem to have its own flavor? The autumn months seem to be apple and pumpkin flavored; December and February always taste like chocolate to me. May tastes like strawberries, June and July like fresh tomatoes, but January, that’s reserved for peppermint. As we start off the New Year (and here’s hoping it’s heaps better than the last two), I’m going to do so with a Peppermint Milk Shake. This is a recipe that I found online and is supposed to be a copycat recipe from Chick-fil-A. Having never been to Chick-fil-A, I can’t say how close it is, but I will say it is incredibly delicious. For an adult version, add a splash (or more) of peppermint schnapps. Heaven!

Peppermint Milk Shake

Slightly adapted from ohsodelicioso.com

 8 candy canes

¼ c. shaved semisweet chocolate

1 c. whole milk

4 c. vanilla ice cream (about 8 scoops)

½-1 t. peppermint extract

 Shave chocolate bar using a microplane grater.

Crush candy canes into pebble-sized pieces by pulsing them in a blender.

 Place some milk, ice cream, extract, crushed peppermint and chocolate into a malt mixer or high-speed blender. Blend until thick and creamy. Pour into glasses and top with whipping cream and a stemmed cherry.

 Makes 4 shakes.

 Happy New Year, everybody!


 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
 

6 comments:

Marie Smith said...

What a way to start the New Year! Have a great year!

Rustown Mom said...

Oh, man we love Chik-Fil-A! I recently received a coupon for a free peppermint shake there and it was delish. I agree that peppermint belongs to winter and I would love to whip up some of these today for my peeps. Wish I had seen this sooner! Its on my list of things to make, though...Happy New Year!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I've always thought of peppermint in December but I'll take it any month I can get it. I love peppermint and your milkshake looks beyond amazing.

The Tote Trove said...

I love the idea of different months having different flavors! And I'm totally on board with January being peppermint month, as I still have lots of candy canes. This shake sounds delicious, and the pic is gorgeous! :)

bread&salt said...

Looks great! Hot chocolate, hot sahlep and hot tea are my favourite drinks. İ will add this in my list. Thanks. Happy and healthy 2022.

sandy said...

Oh...My....God.... Peppermint ice cream is a favorite and the only store that use to carry it at Christmas was Goodwins, a local privately owned grocery store up here. They haven't stocked it for two years. I love that photo and thanks for the recipe.