Monday, March 14, 2022

Irish Pimiento Cheese

I am Irish and I love pimiento cheese, and, in thinking about these two facts, I decided it was time to make an Irish version of pimiento cheese. There’s nothing wrong with being a purist, but this is really delicious. Considering it contains whiskey, I would say this is for adults only. As with all pimiento cheese, this is excellent on crackers, with crudites, or mounded on top of a burger.

Irish Pimiento Cheese

 8 oz. extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated

¼ c. cream cheese (2 ounces), softened, diced

1/3 c. finely diced Melissa’s roasted red peppers

3 T. Duke’s mayonnaise

2 T. Irish whiskey

2 T. minced scallions, green parts only (natch)

¼ t. smoked paprika

Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Using a spatula, fold and mix until it is smooth and spreadable, about one and a half minutes. Transfer to a plastic or glass container, cover tightly, and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.

 

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 
 

4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I love your blog set up, the graphics, photos! Always first class! Great recipe too, including this one!

sandy said...

wow, looks like a perfect irish dish.

thepaintedapron.com said...

What a wonderful twist on Pimiento Cheese Pattie! Can't wait to try this Irish version! Happy St. Patrick's Day! ☘️
Jenna

Linda said...

Oh Pattie - whisky makes everything better! I don't like to drink it but I do like it in foods. You are the Pimento Cheese Queen!