Thursday, March 31, 2022

Blueberry Butter Dip Biscuits

 
You are no doubt aware, if you have read this blog the past couple of weeks, that I have recently become absolutely obsessed with butter dip biscuits. I tried the original version and I loved them, then devised my own Cheddar Bay version (ditto), and then came across a recipe for a blueberry version with a glaze topping. Honestly, I don’t know which one of these I like the best. They are all amazingly delicious, simple to make, and I cannot stop eating them! Fortunately, they freeze beautifully. Take one out of the freezer, pop it into an oven at 350°, and let it bake for 15 to 20 minutes. It tastes like fresh.

Blueberry Butter Dip Biscuits
As seen on The Country Cook

½ c. (1 stick) unsalted butter
2½ c. flour
¼ c. sugar
1 T.
aluminum-free baking powder
½ t. salt
1¾ c. buttermilk
 c. fresh blueberries
1 c. powdered sugar
2-3 T. milk

Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a
9” x 9” baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Pour melted butter into the bottom of your baking dish.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the buttermilk. Stir with a fork until a sticky dough forms. Carefully fold in blueberries.


Pour into prepared baking dish, right on top of the melted butter. Some of the butter will run over the top of the dough, that’s perfectly fine. Spread out the batter evenly, and cut into nine squares.

Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, rotating once during baking. The top should be golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.

While your biscuits are baking, in a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle on top of the warm biscuits. Allow the biscuits to cool slightly and serve.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

8 comments:

Linda said...

I just copied this and printed it out for breakfast tomorrow!

Marie Smith said...

These look amazing.

Marie Smith said...

These look amazing!

Gina said...

I have everything to make these and never thought about freezing and reheating them - GENIOUS. I need to do this on Saturday as I will be home on call and can't go anywhere - might as well bake!

Alycia Nichols said...

You are making the creation of my “summer body” VERY difficult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Well those look absolutely scrumptious!

The Tote Trove said...

Oh, wow. That glaze. Just wow. You are the undisputed baking queen! :)

sandy said...

Oh...these look so good.