Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Greek Salsa


 I know that there are cilantro people and non-cilantro people, I happen to fall into the former category. For me, if I’m making salsa or pico de gallo, it has to have cilantro and lots of it. For those of you who don’t care for it, here is a great option, a Greek version of the traditional Mexican salsa that is cilantro free. Still, it is loaded with flavor thanks to the seasonings and feta cheese, and can be used as a side dish, a topper for various foods, or as you would a Mexican variety, scooped up with tortilla chips. 

Greek Salsa

Adapted from 12 Tomatoes

 1¼ c. diced cucumber

1 c. diced tomatoes

½ c. diced red onion

¼ c. sliced black olives

1 T. fresh lemon juice

1 T. sherry vinegar

1 T. olive oil

¼ t. dried oregano

1 T. fresh chopped dill weed

Salt and pepper to taste

½ c. crumbled feta cheese

 Combine cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and black olives in a large bowl.

 In a smaller bowl whisk together lemon juice, sherry vinegar, olive oil, oregano, dill, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss well to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Fold in feta cheese just before serving. Use as a dip with pitas, chips, or as a side dish with fish or chicken.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

3 comments:

Marie Smith said...

This looks great. I find the type of vinegar makes a difference to a dressing, subtle but noticeable. I’ll try sherry type.

Linda said...

Love this! It would be so good on fish. I love the addition of dill.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I would love either way, the Mexican or the Greek.. I love cilantro but love Greek food too.