Monday, May 30, 2022

Two Hearts Salad

 

Here is a simple salad for Memorial Day Monday. There really isn’t much to this considering how delicious and elegant it can be; it can also be dressed down for an every day meal. You can serve it as a side dish in a custard cup or in an ornate bowl. You can serve it over lettuce leaves as I have done here, or chopped mixed greens. You can also serve it in individual leaves of Boston lettuce for easy pickings on a buffet. If you have any of this salad left over (not likely), rinse it and use it in a quiche. I am not kidding! SO GOOD!

Two Hearts Salad

1 14.8-oz. jar
Melissa’s Hearts of Palm
1 14.75-oz. jar marinated artichokes, drained, reserve juice
½ c. thinly sliced red onion
1 T.
Dijon mustard
1 t. red wine vinegar

Slice hearts of palm on the diagonal in bite-size pieces, approximately ½ to ¾ inches. Cut artichoke hearts in halves or quarters, depending upon the initial size. Thinly slice red onion (I use a mandolin). Put all vegetables into a medium bowl.

Measure out ½ cup of the reserved juice from the marinated artichokes. Into that stir in 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon cider vinegar. Whisk together until fully emulsified. Pour over vegetables and toss gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

  

4 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Patti,
This salad looks like something we would really enjoy and so healthy too.. This recipe is a keeper for me!!

Linda said...

I bet that reserved reserved artichoke juice does make an awesome salad dressing. Looks yummy Pattie!

Marie Smith said...

I haven’t eaten heart of palm. Hmmm…

Alycia Nichols said...

Like Marie, I've never eaten hearts of palm! She and I just didn't want to rush to the front of the line.😉 You've made the salad look so inviting that I don't know how I might resist giving it a try!