Thursday, May 19, 2022

Tulip Time at the Table

 

When I bought the Lazy Susan that I introduced you to last week, I honestly had no idea that I would have so much fun with it. I have yet to use it at dinner as a way to serve seasonings, condiments, or various Indian or Chinese dishes, but I have been having a delightful time decorating it.

I love to set a beautiful table, and I equally love those three tier stands, but sometimes dealing with either of those seems a bit daunting. This little gem, on the other hand, requires only a handful of items in order to look inviting.

 I don’t know about the rest of you, but sometimes I will buy one or two plates or cups because I happen to like them, but then wonder about their use. With this Lazy Susan, I can display such items, and enjoy them every day.

The day after Mother’s Day I got a heck of a deal on tulips. Aldi was selling 10 stems of tulips for $2.49. Naturally, I had to buy two. I put them into one of my favorite pitchers, and that was the start of a new arrangement on the Lazy Susan.

I complemented the color of the tulips with
organic baby heirloom tomatoes from Melissa’s produce. I also decided to add faux garlic and a bunch of faux scallions to signify spring. Soon enough, I will be bringing in fresh ones of my own.

The plaid napkins are favorites of mine, as well as the little wooden scoop, part of a trio that I picked up last year at Target.

My hope is to change up the arrangement twice a month if not every week, to reflect the changing seasons, and display some of my favorite things.

 
 

5 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Your table always looks amazing! This arrangement is no exception! You have an eye for decorating.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I have a lazy Susan that I keep on my round dining table. I love your idea to display things I love because we hardly ever use it unless I have a group for dinner. Your flowers were quite a deal and they look beautiful.

thepaintedapron.com said...

Adorable Pattie! I love your piggie bowls! {I often buy just 1 or 2 things too:)}

sandy said...

All the food above this post looks so good and then I get to this post - love the setting, the tulips...We're going to Aldi for our monthly shopping today! have you ever gotten their Moser Roth truffles - the one in the box with 16. OMG so good.
and below..that ceasar salad - that's my favorite salad of all time.

Alycia Nichols said...

This is so beautifully done, and oh, what a deal on those tulips!!! I totally missed that boat.😕 You're so right about the ease of decorating a Lazy Susan vs a tiered tray. You feel at ease in changing it up often. Great job! Have fun!!!