Thursday, August 25, 2022

Artichoke Bread


As I mentioned some time back, one of my favorite salads is a simple one made up of Romaine lettuce, breadcrumbs, red onion, and tossed with Mayfair salad dressing. It continues to be my favorite, and I have eaten a lot of it these past couple of months. I do find that when having a salad as an evening meal, if it is a salad that is not loaded with vegetables and protein, it often isn’t as filling as it needs to be to get me through to morning. For this reason, I have been experimenting with a wide variety of spreads for using on bread and then heating in the oven. This is one of them. It is supposed to be used on a split loaf of ciabatta bread, but I find that a single slice of rustic bread works quite well for me. The spread keeps in the refrigerator quite well for 7 to 10 days, but I have never needed it to last that long. 

Artichoke Bread

 2 T. butter, room temperature

1 t. Melissa’s minced garlic

12-oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped

1 c.  shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese blend

½ c. grated Parmesan cheese

¼ c.  sour cream

2 scallions, finely minced

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

1 small loaf ciabatta bread

 Preheat broiler, and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.

 Place all ingredients EXCEPT bread into a medium mixing bowl. Beat with a handheld mixer at medium speed until blended.

 Slice the bread lengthwise. Place the bread halves on the prepared baking sheet, cut side up, and spoon the cheese and artichoke mixture over the top. Broil for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and bread is hot. Cut each half into six pieces and serve immediately.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I will try this with gluten free bread I eat and ciabatta for my husband. Looks so good.

Linda said...

I've never thought about turning artichoke dip into a spread, and how brilliant! That rustic bread from Aldi is quite good, although I'd love it on ciabatta too. I've only bought ciabatta as buns, haven't looked for a loaf!

Gina said...

Yummy - I just had something similar to this last night with my lentil soup. I never thought about using ciabatta. That would be even easier to do than wrangle-ing a French bread loaf. Note made! I make these in advance and freeze them in foil - unwrap, place in fridge to thaw, set the whole thing in oven at dinnertime. Its one of my favorite things. (:

sandy said...

that looks delicious!