Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Cannellini Bean Spread

If you don’t follow Daniel Mancini on Facebook or Instagram, I strongly encourage you to do so. He is very generous with his recipes, and posts often. In this intense heat, I am looking for things that are cool and refreshing; his cannellini beans spread fit the bill. This was so good that I really didn’t need dippers as a spoon would suffice. I altered his recipe a bit, adding freshly squeezed lemon juice, because I had some left over from a pasta dish that I’d made and I didn’t want to waste it.  I don’t consider myself a particular lover of beans, but having tried this, I’m ready to buy cannellini beans by the case. Feel free to change up the fresh herbs to suit those that you have on hand and/or like. I have now made this a couple of times, varying each slightly, sometimes using basil and chives. You can’t mess this up. What a wonderful, healthy snack!

Cannellini Bean Spread

Slightly adapted from Daniel Mancini

 1 15.5-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed

¼ c. extra virgin olive oil

1 t. fresh lemon juice

2 fresh sage leaves, optional

½ t. fresh thyme, optional

½ t. kosher salt

 ¼ t. freshly ground black pepper

1 T. freshly grated Parmesan

 1 garlic clove, chopped

Place everything into a food processor or blender process till smooth. Taste for salt and adjust.

Daniel says that he makes this very often, and uses it as a dip for fresh cut vegetables, or spreads it onto slices of toasted Italian bread. It’s so delicious and, as I was saying, it’s healthy alternative to many commercial dips.

 


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

3 comments:

Marie Smith said...

It looks delicious!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I usually am not a great fan of bean dip, but you've convinced me to try it. Sounds like a perfect summer appetizer without any fuss or heating up the kitchen.

Linda said...

My daughter and I love bean dip - I'll have to make this for us. The toasted bread option sounds good, because I so often pull out Fritos Scoops - bad me!