Thursday, August 18, 2022

Summertime Supper Tablescape


This week's table is another situation like I had a couple of weeks ago wherein I replaced a few items on an existing table to make something entirely new. You can acquaint yourself with my last table here.

 

As you can see, the round tablecloth in burlap, artificial Monstera leaves, and woven placemats are all the same. Additionally, I left the Bordallo Pinheiro geranium leaf chargers in place, as well as the Blanc Amelie pattern Maison Versailles dinner plate. But this time I topped that dinner plate with a salad plate in the Portmeirion Garden Harmony pattern. I love the leaf border, and anything leafy seems to be perfect for the conservatory.

 On top of that I placed a soup bowl that I inherited from my mother, is decades old, and a part of a luncheon set that you can read about here. These little beauties are made in the good old USA by Hartstone.

Cups and saucers are also a part of Portmeirion’s Garden Harmony, as well as the beautiful stemware.

The stemware inspired the centerpiece which is nothing more than a ceramic plant pot filled with faux hydrangeas and tulips, along with sprigs of real lavender, the same lavender that I used to drape the plates in my last table setting.

Flatware remains the same, one of my favorites, Wallace silversmiths Napoleon bee flatware, and they rest on top of vintage cream napkins that used to belong to my mother. I’ll tell you what, back in the day they made napkins to last. These are at least 30 years old.

 

 In keeping with the garden theme, I added this sweet little cream pitcher that is part of my collection of restaurantware, this particular piece is from the Shenango China Company.

Salt and pepper shakers I’ve had for ages, I used them to add a bit of crystal to that side of the table.

Keep this in mind when you’re setting your table. There’s nothing wrong, first of all, with repeating a table that you’ve used in the past, and second, just changing that table up a bit to give you something entirely new.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

  This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday

4 comments:

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

what a welcoming table! LOVE your flatware!

Marie Smith said...

So pretty! A feast for the eyes before the food arrives.

thepaintedapron.com said...

So beautiful Pattie! Your centerpiece is stunning!
Jenna

sandy said...

You have a definite talent in presentation. wow. Have you ever entered a county fair where they have these displays.