Monday, August 15, 2022

Cherry Almond Crunch No-Churn Ice Cream


 I am not a huge fan of ice cream. I know that statement can be a bit controversial, but for the most part I can take it or leave it. One evening, after coming in from watering the potted vegetable plants at 9 PM when the temperature was still 92° outside, I thought a bowl of ice cream sounded pretty good. I set to work making this recipe so that by the next evening it would be ready. Despite the multiple steps, this is really very simple to do. Get your cherries going while you’re candying your almonds so that they can both be cooling at the same time. Then whip up the remaining ingredients, fold everything together, and turn it into a loaf pan to freeze. It is SO good!

Cherry Almond Crunch No-Churn Ice Cream

Slightly adapted from surlatable.com

 Ice Cream Ingredients

2 c. heavy cream

1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk

1 T. pure vanilla extract

Almond Crunch

1¼ c. silvered almonds

2 T. unsalted butter

7 T. sugar

Cherry Puree

2 c. Melissa's bing cherries, pitted

1 t. fresh lemon juice

½ c. sugar

In a small heavy-bottomed saucepan mix together the almonds, sugar, and butter together. Heat over medium high heat until butter and sugar are completely melted, and almonds are well coated, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, 2-3 minutes. Spread the almonds onto parchment paper, breaking apart as you do, and allow to cool. 

In a medium sauce pan mix together cherries, lemon juice, and sugar. Cook over medium heat until cherries reduce by half. Allow to cool completely. 

In a medium bowl, whisk together the whipped cream, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract until still peaks form. Gently fold in cooled cherries and almonds until fully incorporated. Pour the ice cream
batter into a freezer safe container. (I used a 9” x 5” loaf pan)

Top the ice cream with any additional almonds or cherries. Freeze for at least 5-6 hours but overnight is best.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I couldn’t make this. Too tempting to eat all at once! Lol.

Latane Barton said...

I am new to your blog... Put you on my blog list so I won't miss your posts. That ice cream looks divine! Great job.. I know it had to be good!

Linda said...

I've got cherries in the freezer! My husband's favorite ice cream from Braum's is cherries, pecans, and cream, so I will probably sub pecans for almonds. Although I do have some almonds - hmmm.

sandy said...

wow.