Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Serene Winter Tablescape

After all of the fairy lights, and bold colors of Christmas, I am more than ready for serene. I want soft tones, muted colors, peace, and quiet.

The first thing I thought of when I unwrapped this beautifully packaged black stoneware dinnerware set was that it reminded me of something that the Flintstones may have used at a fancy dinner party. That, or something excavated from an archaeological dig; I mean both of these statements in the nicest way. This stuff is gorgeous! In my opinion, it is a work of art. The free-form style of the plates and bowls is pure poetry. The cups that work for a hot beverage or cold without the handle are inspired. This unique pottery is certain to draw lots of comments.

It can be dressed up for something a bit fancier, or down for something delightfully bohemian. It will pair with absolutely any color that you happen to have on hand; ergo will work for any occasion, at any time of the year. It can be flashy or subtle based upon linens and accessories, like this darling cup from a set of Polka Dot dinnerware.

I was going for subtle, so that the food could sing. A wonderful way to highlight what you’re serving is to do so on a dark, subtle background.

 I used a chocolate brown tablecloth, topped with some of my favorite chargers of tin, and used beige linen napkins.

The polished black flatware gives it a bit of an elegant feel as does the crystal in the Mikasa “Parklane” pattern. A bit of added sparkle comes from the saltcellar set a table center.

The centerpiece consists of the candle holder (once my mother's) and one of my new favorite things, a Table Top Fire Pit; it runs on rubbing alcohol, can you believe it?! I tend to like a busy centerpiece even at the simplest of tables, so I added a trio of black vases. Come spring those vases will be used to force branches (hopefully forsythia) and that will make a nice contrast.

I wanted to do this understated tablescape to start off the New Year to show you how beautiful quiet can be. May the peace of the New Year be with you…and your table settings.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday


4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Beautiful setting for sure! Love it.

Thelma said...

A gorgeous table setting . I had to laugh when you mentioned The Flintsones, because I refer to a set of dishes my daughter has as coming from the Flintsones.
The centerpiece firepit run by alcohol is amazing.
Also I have been thinking about forcing some Forsythias in the Spring. I will try to root branches in water and plant a few branches.
Have a Happy New Year.

Linda said...

Haha on the Flintstones. I love that you have a chocolate brown tablecloth with the black pottery. I hope you are having a serene winter Pattie. :)

The Tote Trove said...

What an elegantly eclectic tablescape! Your comments about your new Flintstones-style dishes are so clever and made me smile. Also, I love the polka dot mugs and leaf candle holder, and the fire pit is so cool! No doubt about it, you're the queen of serene. I hope you're having a very happy New Year! 🖤🤍