Thursday, July 27, 2023

Sizzling Summer Tablescape

It’s amazing how one small change can alter your entire household. I recently discovered blanket hangers. You’re probably wondering where I’ve been all these years that I didn’t know about them; I can in no way defend myself. I chalk it up to cluelessness. I will say that these things are great! Instead of storing my quilts on the downstairs guest bed, stacked one on top of the other, making it appear as though there were three mattresses rather than two, I now have them freshly laundered, lightly pressed, and hanging up in my closet.
 
You’re probably wondering why I’m talking about these in a post that’s about tablescapes. It’s because this table is the result of my discovering blanket hangers, because at the same time I discovered the blanket hangers, I also rediscovered the quilt that I used here as a tablecloth. I bought this during my colorful bohemian stage just after Mr. O-P passed. I was eager to change things up to begin the next chapter in my life, and didn’t entirely think things through. This quilt, purchased six years ago from Urban Outfitters, was part of my effort to completely redecorate the guest bedroom. In giving it a fresh new look, I was curious as to how it would look on my table. I know a lot of people use quilts as table coverings, but that’s really not my style. I enjoy making my statement with plate stacks. Today, however, I threw caution to the wind, and honestly think it works.I decided to use every color that I found in this quilt beginning with the centerpiece, a green Tulipiere into which I placed a variety of faux tulips.

From there I was off and running, grabbing red, blue, and orange.
Water hyacinth placemats make up the base and they are topped with white washed rustic tin chargers that I purchased at a local shop. Rustic orange melamine plates from Williams-Sonoma will be used for dinner, the bold Sicily ceramic salad plates, also from W-S are on top.
Orange flatware and napkins are from Amazon, as well as the red rose napkin rings.
The red stemmed water glasses are by Villeroy and Boch; the champagne flutes that will be used for sparkling lemonade. I found here.

Cupcakes are for dessert, and they will be served in these darling domed cupcake stands that I found at wayfair.com.Make your summer and table settings awash with color. Stay cool!

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday

 

8 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Just beautiful! A meal there is a feast for the eyes too.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Your table looks lovely, colorful, and festive! I checkesd out the hangers (which I never knew about either) and not sure they would work for my comforters which are In a bag on the bottom of the closet.

Linda said...

LOVE the colors! That beautiful quilt works wonderfully on your table. And, I have not heard of blanket hangers, but wow, they will work perfectly for my unfinished flimsy quilts!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

They may, Judee, I am using them for comforters as well.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you’ve picked up every color in the quilt beautifully! What a fun table to enjoy a summer meal!
Happy day you, V.

firefly819 said...

Absolutely stunning. Your use of the quilt and coordinating colors made my day. Here in Michigan it is either dark, smoky skies that make it seem like dusk all day long, pouring rain and golf ball sized hail, unbearable heat and humidity or power failures every other day. Thank you for a bit of color and joy in my terrible summer.

Kim said...

This is such a bright and fun table for summer Pattie! I love the boho vibe and those WS salad plates are gorgeous. Enjoy your cupcakes!

Janet G. said...

The colors are amazing, as is that quilt - vibrant and fun!