Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Jalapeño Cheese Bread ABM

 
The Saturday before last, I spent all of the morning and a part of the afternoon making a sandwich. I often wonder where the time goes; this pretty much explains it. As I mentioned last week, I had succumbed to a lobster tail sale at the local market, buying three of them, deciding to turn one into a lobster grilled cheese sandwich that I had seen on Instagram. Essentially, I just watched and put it together, not listening to the sound, so I didn’t realize that the suggested bread for the sandwich was jalapeño cheese. That involved an online search for a recipe (that I found on food.com) that I ultimately adapted, because rather than bake the bread in the bread maker and end up with a giant bread cube, I decided to use the dough cycle and bake it in a loaf pan. I altered the recipe a bit using pickled jalapeños because they have more flavor, as well as adding a little bit of Old Bay. This bread is wonderful for sandwiches, and it makes excellent toast at breakfast.
Jalapeño Cheese Bread

 1 T. olive oil

10 oz. warm water

2 Melissa’s pickled jalapeños, seeded and chopped

1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese

3 c. bread flour

¾ t. salt

1/8 t. Old Bay seasoning

1 T. sugar

2½ t. Bread Machine yeast

 Place ingredients into the work bowl of your bread machine (I have this one.) in the order suggested by the manufacturer. (I have listed the ingredients in the order suggested by mine.) Set machine on “dough” setting and press “start.”  When machine has completed the dough making process (usually 90 minutes), place dough in greased 9” x 5” loaf pan; let rise until doubled, 45-60 minutes. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Oh Patti! This looks great! And you can change up the cheeses and spices as needed! Yum!
hugs
Donna

Marie Smith said...

Yummm…doesn’t begin to describe it.

Linda said...

Your breads always look so good. I'd eat this whole loaf with a stick of butter Pattie!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Looks delicious! I need to "dust" off my bread machine.