Thursday, September 14, 2023

Dinner in the Vineyard Tablescape

 
As I mentioned a number of months ago, I have challenged myself to take one (or more) items from one week’s tablescape to include in my next tablescape. Because the last one differed greatly in both color and style, the only thing that I was able to bring forward was the Mikasa hammered “Opulent” flatware. This table is one of my favorites of all I’ve created this year. In my attempt at organizing, I ran across this beautiful fabric that I bought more than a decade ago (for what purpose I have no idea), and it was my inspiration. I turned it into a table topper, and went from there.
 I did not use any placemats because I wanted as much of the tablecloth to show through as possible. In keeping with the Italian theme table covering, the charger plates are ceramic imports from Italy. They are topped with square black dinner plates on which I have placed square plates in a grape pattern from Tabletops Unlimited (their “Cabernet” pattern).
 
I picked up the color of the grapes in the glassware; the water glasses in a beautiful shade of green are by Villeroy & Boch, the purple goblets I found here.I chose green napkins from Urban Villa, and really liked the look. The cups and saucers, in mint green, are some of my favorites. I enjoy my morning cappuccino in one every day.
 The three-tiered tray in the center of the table was purchased years ago from a local furniture store that, sadly, went out of business about 15 years ago.  It was called Oak Tree Furniture, and I still miss it.
 
Faux grapes and greenery fill all three sections of the tray, as well as the deep purple votives that I also have at each place setting.Some bottles of wine from a local Vintner will be enjoyed during the meal, as well light from the flickering candle in the Chianti bottle.
 
Italian food will be served at this table, more than likely Steak Modiga*, a personal favorite.

 *Recipe coming soon!

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday


5 comments:

Linda said...

Such eye candy! That 3-tiered tray is wonderful. Love the colors, and that last photo belongs in a magazine.

Marie Smith said...

A meal with you is an event! Beautiful as usual!

Donna said...

What a lovely table you've set! Anything Italy, speaks color. I'm 1/8th Italian (so says the DNA test I took...a tiny amount). I'm loving all the color...
hugs
Donna

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Stunning ! Who wouldn't enjoy an Italian meal at your beautiful table. I love the mint green cup and saucer and the flatware. I'm in the market for new flatware and that hammered look is what I have in mind.