Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Levain Bakery Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Copycat

 
I’ve got to be honest with you, prior to making these cookies I had never heard of Levain Bakery. Apparently it’s quite popular, their cookie recipes sought after. I was simply in the mood for oatmeal raisin cookies, but didn’t want to trouble myself to make my favorite recipe because of all of the rolling of dough into balls, then dipping into sugar prior to baking. These are very good, and fairly easy to put together. I made them smaller than the dinner plate-size cookies they make to sell in their store because I wasn’t prepared to have such large cookies. I think this size is absolutely perfect. You get a wonderful ratio of dough, raisins, and walnuts, in a delicious handheld dessert.

 Levain Bakery Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Copycat

 1 c. cold butter, cubed

1 c. + 2 T. brown sugar

½ c. granulated sugar

2 large eggs

½ c. cake flour

2 c. all-purpose flour

1½ c. rolled oats

1 t. cornstarch

¾ t. baking soda

½ t. salt

½ t. cinnamon

1½ c. raisins

1 c. chopped walnuts

 Preheat oven to 410°F.

 In the work bowl of a stand mixer cream together cold butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.

Add cake flour, all-purpose flour, oats, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, and stir until combined. Stir in raisins and walnuts.

 Chill dough for 15 minutes.

 Using an ice cream scoop, place six portions of dough on a lightly colored cookie sheet. Lightly press on top of dough to flatten and smooth.

 Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Let rest for at least 10-15 minutes to set before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.

 Yield: 18 cookies

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

2 comments:

Marie Smith said...

The grandkids will love to make these on their next visit.

Linda said...

Years ago I saw a photo of a Levain Bakery chocolate chip cookie and immediately became obsessed with trying to duplicate it. I've never had one, but gosh they look almost like a cake. These oatmeal cookies look fantastic!