Monday, April 29, 2024

Garlic Butter with Fresh Herbs

 
It’s a rare day when I don’t have a crock of garlic butter in my fridge. I love to make it up fresh every week, finding multiple uses for it as the days progress. It’s delicious on vegetables, makes garlic bread an easy fix, and when buried in the center of a patty of ground beef ready for the grill, adds flavor and yields a juicy burger. I think you will find that it will serve you well this summer, providing you with many uses throughout, making cooking less of a chore, while amping up the taste of a variety of foods.

Garlic Butter with Fresh Herbs

1 c. butter, softened,
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 T. minced fresh parsley
1 T. minced fresh chives
1 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice

In a medium mixing bowl, beat together all ingredients with a hand mixer. Using a rubber spatula, scrape into a container, cover, and store in the fridge until ready for use.

To make garlic bread, cut a baguette on the diagonal in slices about 1 inch thick. Spread copious amounts of garlic butter on each slice, and top with a mound of cheese. Slide into the broiler until the cheese has melted, and then enjoy.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


5 comments:

Donna said...

I make this all the time...We love garlic.
hugs
Donna

Linda said...

Looks fantastic. You always make things look and sound so good Pattie! I bought a lemon thyme plant the other day, and I have rosemary and dill, so there is no excuse for me not to make a fresh herb butter.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I do the very same - its so easy to make and so delish. I also put some in butter molds and chill and they pop out into lovely shapes for side butter dishes!

Marie Smith said...

Love this recipe.

thepaintedapron.com said...

What a great idea to keep it on hand! I've got to try in in burgers, thanks Pattie!
Jenna