Friday, April 19, 2024

Slow Cooker Chicken Curry

 
When I get in the mood for curry, and I do, nothing is going to satisfy me until I have made a big pot. This is the easiest way to make curry that I can think of, because it is all done in the slow cooker. Other than dicing the chicken, it’s all just dump and stir. If you’d like, you can dice onion, and add it to this, and/or grate (or mince) some fresh ginger into the mixture. Add what you like to make it your own. It’s very good, and very satisfying. Serve it over rice and top with chopped scallions, minced cilantro, or a sprinkling of dry red pepper flakes. Do what you like; you honestly can’t go wrong.
 Slow Cooker Chicken Curry

 2 lbs. chicken thighs, diced

1 chicken bouillon cube

1 2.1-oz. pkg. dry chicken noodle soup mix

1 T. instant minced onions

3 T. curry powder

Pinch cayenne

1 10.5-oz.  can cream of chicken soup

6 oz. coconut milk

1 c. whole milk

1/2 c. heavy cream

2 t. cornstarch

1 pkg. frozen peas and carrot mixture

Spray the bottom of a slow cooker with PAM. Place diced chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Crumble the bouillon cube over the top, and sprinkle the dry package of chicken noodle soup overall.

 In a small mixing bowl whisk together minced onions, curry powder, cayenne, chicken soup, coconut milk, whole milk, heavy cream, and cornstarch. Pour over chicken, and give everything a good stir.

 Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours until done. One hour before cook time is up, stir in frozen vegetables. Serve over rice.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


4 comments:

Donna said...

I honestly can't remember the last time we enjoyed a good curry! Thanks for the recipe!
hugs
Donna

Marie Smith said...

I make a similar recipe. So good!

Linda said...

Your curry looks delicious, and how simple that sounds. Seems like all I do is tell you what I haven't tried before, but I've never had chicken curry or butter chicken. Would you believe the only thing I've had curry in was tuna salad made decades ago by my MIL? I don't dislike it, so I need to buy some and give it a try.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I have only recently started eating curry and I LOVE it.. This recipe looks really good- I might try it with tofu!!