Thursday, April 18, 2024

Not Caesar, But Still a Pleaser Salad Dressing

 
I’m old enough to remember when servers would come to your table, crack an egg into a large wooden bowl, and thus begin their creation of the freshest Caesar salad dressing that you can imagine. This would then be tossed with crisp greens, served on chilled plates, and not a remnant of dressing remained behind in that bowl. I love Caesar dressing, but call me squeamish, I don’t like the idea of raw egg. That’s where this salad dressing comes in very handy. It can be made two ways, with the mayonnaise, or by substituting the mayonnaise with olive oil if you’re not looking for a creamy version. Me? I prefer it with mayonnaise. No, it isn’t Caesar, but it is darned good. Now, dig out that wooden bowl and crisp up some greens.
  Not Caesar, But Still a Pleaser Salad Dressing

½ c. Duke’s mayonnaise
¼ c. grated fresh Parmesan
1 clove garlic
½ t.
capers
½ t. anchovy paste
½ t. champagne vinegar
1½ t. Dijon mustard
1½ t. Worcestershire sauce
Juice of half a lemon
¼ t. salt
1/8 t. freshly ground black pepper

Place all ingredients into the work bowl of a
mini food processor, and blend until combined.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


2 comments:

Marie Smith said...

The anchovy paste is a nice addition, not something I would normally use.

Linda said...

Ah I remember it very well! I'm squeamish about raw eggs too. Your version sounds just as good if not better.