Sunday, November 7, 2010

Making Challah Bread


As you all now know from this post I am a proud bread machine owner and user, and while I have used it to bake loaves of bread, I find its greatest value in its ability to make a truly wonderful yeast dough. Today I used it for the first time to make a loaf of Challah bread. I used this recipe to make the bread using the dough setting on the machine, then shaped it, let it rise, and baked it. It was sensational! I don't think I'll ever buy challah again! Tomorrow I'm going to surprise Jim with French Toast for breakfast using my homemade challah, so be sure to check back for the recipe and a photo.

Bakery shop quality!   And when there's fresh challah, French toast will surely follow.

Happy Sunday everyone!

6 comments:

Lyndsay Wells said...

Pattie, your breads look just divine! So nice to meet you and thankyou for stopping by my blog!

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

A woman after my own heart, I love my "dough" machine! When I visited here from Cookbook Sunday I knew immediately I wanted to follow, you have some great cooking going on here!

Unknown said...

beautiful!!! i agree, challah french toast is the best!!!

Diann said...

This looks awesome not to mention beautiful! thanks for sharing.

La said...

This looks delicious! Jim is a very lucky man! La

Anonymous said...

I've been considering adding a bread machine to my kitchen. Your bread looks amazing and may convince me to make the purchase! Have a super day...