Saturday, November 20, 2010

Neapolitan Pancakes




For the weekend blog showcase, wherein I find a recipe on another food blog to make and report my experience, I found this recipe for Neapolitan Pancakes at For the Love of Cooking blog. I had extra time this morning, had never quite had pancakes with this combination of ingredients before, so decided to give them a try.
Here they are cooking away on top of my little Cuisinart Griddler (an appliance I could just NOT live without).
Look at these!  Doesn't this make you salivate?

They were rich and delicious, more like dessert than breakfast, and impossible to finish (though I gave it my very best try!).

Here's the recipe.  Do visit For the Love of Cooking for many more delicious recipes.

Neapolitan Pancakes

2 cups of pancake mix (I used Bisquick)
1 cup of milk
1 egg
1 vanilla bean
Strawberries, diced into small pieces
Milk chocolate chocolate chips

Combine the pancake mix, milk and egg together in a bowl. Slice the vanilla bean down the center then using the dull side of the knife, scrape all the seeds out of each side of the bean. Add the seeds to the pancake batter.

Pour about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto a hot nonstick griddle or skillet. Top each pancake with pieces of the strawberry and chocolate chips.

Cook 2 minutes or until the tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Carefully turn pancakes over; cook 2 more minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Served slathered in butter and topped with maple syrup. 

        Enjoy!        



This Weekend Blog Showcase is being hosted by Ann at Thibeault's Table.

4 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Wow, what a great breakfast!!!!

The Church Cook said...

Oh, dear! I did not need to look at this. Now I must go and make some!

Unknown said...

These pancakes look amazing!I have an award on my blog for you. I hope you will accept it!

Thibeault's Table said...

Wow, your pancakes look delicious.

Ann