Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner 2010

Another successful Thanksgiving dinner is now behind us.  I am always so grateful to see the same faces every year along with some new ones.  What a treasure are family and friends.
It was turkeys to the max this year with the centerpiece, dinnerware, and my new Williams-Sonoma tablecloth all featuring Tom Turkey.
I've been hosting the Thanksgiving dinner now for 20 years.  Every year I add something new, and relish things from the past.  This little Fitz & Floyd water pitcher is one of my favorite things.
More Fitz & Floyd in this whimsical set of salt and pepper shakers.
These little turkey votives add a bit of unexpected fun.
Johnson Brothers "His Majesty" place setting.
Each diner went home with a foil-wrapped chocolate turkey from the Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate Company.
Vichyssoise Shooters

The Zucchini Vichyssoise recipe is from Ina Garten's Barefoot in Paris Cookbook and can also be found here .

 Barefoot in Paris: Easy French Food You Can Make at Home
 
I topped each one with a single homemade crouton and a flat-leafed parsley leaf from my garden.


The shooter (mini cordial) glasses are a part of the Pier One Tasting Party collection and can be found in your local Pier One and seen online here.

This is linked to Tablescape Thursday.


11 comments:

Lyndsay Wells said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Love love love!

Please post your ecipe for the vichyssoise.

Unknown said...

Tell me about the shooters!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Just added info about the shooters, ladies. Glad you liked them!

Sevenbeads said...

What a gorgeous tablecloth! I also love the idea of turkey chocolate favors. Such a pretty table.

Marigene said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful table cloth. I love your centerpiece.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Beautiful table!!! So pretty and festive!

xox
Jen

Tess said...

This table is EXQUISITE!! I LOVE your "guest of honor" in the center of the table...he's gorgeous! I love your candles and looked like made for some that color-to no avail. Your navy napkins are an unexpected but beautiful touch.

This really is beautiful and I'm sure was appreciated by all. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day.

(BTW-I went to the countdown site for a Christmas one of my own...thanks for sharing that!!!)

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful table. I love your giant turkey in the middle. Love Johnson Bros. I just picked up my first piece of His Majesty this fall at HomeGoods.

Alycia Nichols said...

Beautiful! So inviting! LOVE the candles all down the table! Candles just add SO much!

Entertaining Women said...

A beautiful, well balanced design. Thank you for sharing your lovely design. Cherry Kay

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Pattie...

My friend, your Thanksgiving table last year was gorgeous! I love this thanksgiving pattern by Johnson Bros....love that regal old turkey! I also love the big turkey that you used in your centerpiece too! In fact, it's all sooo pretty, my friend! Thank you for sharing your beautiful Thanksgiving table with us for the Sunday Favorites party this week!

Warmest autumn wishes,
Chari