Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Evening in Paris

I love color in a table setting and this is one of my favorites.  This reminds me so much of springtime Paris, and in the middle of February I can't stop thinking about spring!
When my husband and I got married in May of 1995, this was the china that we registered for.  Is that fun, or what?  Truth be told, it was the second marriage for both of us, and along the way we had each acquired numerous sets of dishes both domestic and abroad.  So it wasn't easy finding something different, but that appealed to us both.  We registered at a gift shop in the city called Botanicals on the Park, each of us wandering around the shop with pad and pencil jotting down things that we liked.  These dishes were the one thing on both of our lists.  The glassware was on mine, and I won out with them as well.
The yellow ceramic flatware pops up in a lot of my tablesettings.  It is just so darn versatile, and such fun to use.
The French Tic-tac-toe set is a lot of fun.  It's quite a crowd pleaser as well.  Anytime I put it on the table, people can't keep their hands off of it.
The lucite salt and pepper shakers were a fun find and go perfectly with these dishes.
The little berry bowls are Fiestaware.
Table covering - Denim fabric from Fabric Warehouse
Dishes - Café Paris by Misono
Lucite S&P Shakers by Olde Thompson
Tic-Tac-Toe set - by Hen Feathers (gift)
Berry Bowls - Fiestaware from Macy's


This post is linked to: 




12 comments:

Lyndsay Wells said...

I LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! I want a set of those dishes!!

Cheryl said...

Me too!! What a fun set! I can just imagine a brunch with croissants and cheese...
Or even better - something fruity wrapped in a crepe!

Tricia said...

What wonderful, bright dishes! I'm always drawn to colorful ones, too -- life's too short for plain dishes!

Donnie said...

I love things that are fun, bright and unusual and I love your table.

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

I LOVE your table and those dishes are "WONDERFUL"... I've been married and with my Hubby almost 40 years AND when we got married I had already had my china(remember the OLD HOPE CHESTS, hehe), well...I was too young then and my taste just changed, and changed. And I ended up only using that set a few times(not through love of it, BUT only because I had it), I ended up giving the whole set to goodwill(I had paid THOUSANDS for it back in the 60s). SO, Now I buy what I love...BUT, I buy small sets to have fun with...LOVE YOURS, and the colors are incredible. It goes so beautifully with Fiestaware too. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE your table!
Hugs to you,
Donna

Jacqueline said...

Those dishes are tre chic and I love that you registered for them! That is fabulous. The tic tac toe set would be the hit of the party, such a unique piece.
It is so funny that there were at least 4 of us thinking of Paris and France this week - we are all so sick of dreary winter. As you can tell from our photos, Paris was cold when we were there over Valentines.
Have a great day!

Becky said...

Pattie, I love those dishes, too. And they go great with the scarlet Fiesta. Great table!

Becky

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your dishes are fantastic. I absolutely love them. Such a wonderful tablescape and the colors are fabulous. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Phyllis said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my tablescape! I am so enjoying strolling though your "more than cheerful" tablescape....it is so colorful and inviting, hinting at spring. And, oh, how I adore your china!! It is such an interesting and lively pattern!! The tic tac toe set is truly a conversation starter, but my instinct tells me that conversation would not be a problem at THIS table!!

All The Pretty Dishes said...

I love your dishes. I also like to use vivid colors in my tablescapes. When I got married in 1975, it was really difficult to find dinnerware with a lot of color. I finally found something I liked in chartreuse and bright pink!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me your nice comment.
Randee

Mary said...

What fun dishes~ dinner would always be a visual feast dining with those at your table! Love your Paris tic tac toe set too...

I would love for you to join us at Food for Thought March 1st!

Marigene said...

I ♥ lots of color, too...those dishes are fabulous against the dark blue of the tablecloth. Thanks for sharing this unique table, Pattie.