Thursday, November 5, 2015

Recipe Rubber Stamping



A while ago I told you about how I made Halloween recipe postcards as a vehicle to share recipes with friends while at the same time sending a seasonal greeting. I employed the use of a rubber stamp in order to do so, which got me to thinking about all of the wonderful recipe rubber stamps that are available, and how much fun it is to use them when sending cards to foodie friends.
I have a large collection of rubber stamps that my dad helped me organize by making these wonderful shelves that are mounted on the walls of my studio. When you have as many rubber stamps as I do, trust me when I tell you that organization is the key! When I first started rubber stamping, my enthusiasm had me buying stamps willy-nilly with no real thought as to what my interests truly were. This resulted in having way too many of them (And my having to open an etsy shop to sell off the extras!). Having finally gotten a grip, I focus on those that reflect my true loves: mystery, travel, cooking, writing, and holidays.
Here is a part of my cooking collection of rubber stamps, focusing on recipe rubber stamps alone. This year I plan to rubber stamp my Christmas card envelopes with a collage of cookie recipes. It would probably be appropriate then, to design my own card to include a seasonal cocoa recipe.
Are any of you rubber stampers? If so, tell me about your collection in the comments below.


This post is linked to:


8 comments:

Linda said...

Oh my gosh what a beautiful collection, and oh the shelves! I only have 5 and they are things like wood grain and circle/dot designs, plus some birdies and one that says "forever and always" (have no idea why I bought that. What kind of ink do you use?

thepaintedapron.com said...

I do have about 10 rubber stamps Pattie and love to use them for gift tags, etc. How cool to have recipe stamps and I LOVE your idea of using them for your holiday cards! Let me know if you figure out how to create your own rubber stamp, I know there are avenues for that, as I used to have one for my business...
Jenna

Raquel said...

That is really neat. I have a few stamps, but have never seen the recipe ones. Where do you buy them?

Rattlebridge Farm said...

I love this idea, Pattie!

Sarah said...

This is a great idea. I used to use rubber stamps in my classroom and still have an assortment of stamps. Love the recipe card with the rooster. Is that two different stamps?

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Thanks for all of the great comments, ladies! To answer some of your questions.

I use raised dye inks, generally, and tend to like Ancient Page.

I bought most of these online either directly from the manufacturer, or on eBay. You can search eBay for "recipe rubber stamps" and usually come up with some. After I wrote this post I found four more behind other stamps on my shelves!

The rooster stamp is just one stamp with a rooster overlay on a recipe for onion soup.

Unknown said...

These are so much fun! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Thanks for sharing your rubber stamp collection and ideas with us at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.