Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Zippy Horseradish Cheese Spread

You are going to love this spicy little number, particularly if you have some nasal congestion. This stuff will open those sinus passages right up. Horseradish has amazing medicinal powers; you don’t have to use a lot of it to benefit. What I’m trying to say here is that this can be as strong or mild as you like it. This is a wonderful spread for crackers, chips, crudites, and can also be an excellent topping for a baked potato, absolutely luscious on top of a burger, and makes stellar cheese fries. Easy to prepare, it keeps in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days. Give it a try.

Zippy Horseradish Cheese Spread

1 1-lb.box of Velveeta
½ c.
Duke’s mayonnaise
3 to 4 oz. creamy horseradish
3-4 drops Frank’s Hot Sauce
Pinch of garlic powder

Cut Velveeta into cubes and melt in the top of a double boiler (if you don’t have a double boiler, a
Duralex bowl over a saucepan works quite well), stirring occasionally until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and immediately add remaining ingredients, stirring until combined. Pour into individual ramekins, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


5 comments:

Marie Smith said...

You had me at Velveeta. My husband would love this recipe.

sandy said...

wow my husband would love that. I've only ever had horseradish mustard on what was called a "Nu-Way" back in the 50's in Kansas City. my parents would take us to this actual drive through and we would have delicious sandwiches. Ground beef cooked like you would taco meat but seasoned with horseradish and then put on a toasted bun ..so good. Happy Tuesday twosday -..this is all over the internet today - this special day.

Linda said...

Pattie this looks like powerfully good stuff. I am drawn to anything with horseradish, in spite of the nasal burn I get!
Your food always looks so, so good to me. Even your crackers look better than mine - lol!

The Tote Trove said...

The pic of this dip reminds me of a deviled egg -- which is to say that it looks delicious! I love the added benefit of it clearing the sinuses. :)

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

This looks good and I do enjoy the flavor of horseradish and its zip!