Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Butter Pecan Cookies

In my wizened old age, I have come to the conclusion that there are butter pecan people, and non-butter pecan people, and there is just no in between. Case in point, the late Mr. O-P used to LOVE butter pecan ice cream. I mean, he couldn’t get enough of it. Me? Frankly I could take or leave butter pecan anything, as well as ice cream. Just don’t care for either one. But the other day I was thinking about him and his butter pecan interest, and wondering how something like that would translate into a cookie. So, with him in mind, I set to work, and I may have just become a butter pecan convert. These are so buttery and flavorful. Toasting the pecans is key, as well as a hefty amount of butter emulsion. If you have butter pecan fans in your family, these are a must make.

Butter Pecan Cookies

2 c. pecan halves
1 c. (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
¾ c. dark brown sugar
¾ c. granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 t. vanilla flavoring

1 t. butter flavoring
 2¼ c. flour
1 t. baking powder
½ t. salt


Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray baking sheets with cookiescoop or use a Silpat; set aside

Toast pecans. Generally, I like to do this in a 350° toaster oven for 5 to 7 minutes, but ovens can vary. Just make sure to watch them because they can burn easily, and, if they do, they turn bitter.

In the work bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add sugars, beat again for 2 - 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add flavorings, beat again. Whisk together flour, soda, and salt, and, with mixer running on “low” slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture, beating just until combined. Fold in toasted pecans.

Use a 2-tablespoon
cookie scoop to put mounds of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 14 to 17 minutes, or until degree of doneness is desired.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

3 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Our grandchildren would love these.

thepaintedapron.com said...

Oh yum Pattie, and dangerously easy! Thank you and have a very blessed Easter!
Jenna

Linda said...

My husband is a butter pecan fan, I know he'll love these. I do toast my pecans as soon as I buy them, then I store them in the freezer. The last batch came dangerously close to getting too brown!