Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Chipotle’s Guacamole


Cinco de Mayo is just a little more than a week away, and you cannot think about celebrating without guacamole. Two years ago last week, Chipotle published their recipe for guacamole on Twitter. I am sharing that tweet with you below. This is, indeed, an excellent recipe, that I like to tweak a bit by using Melissa’s pickled jalapeños because I enjoy that extra vinegary tang. I also tend to have a heavy hand with the cilantro because I love it. I realize that not everyone does, so leave it out if you prefer. Do make this recipe, it's a winner!

 

Chipotle’s Guacamole

 2 ripe Haas avocados

2 t. fresh lime juice

2 T. cilantro, chopped

1/4 c. red onion, diced

1/2 jalapeño, including seeds, diced

1/2 t. salt

 Cut avocados in half and remove pits carefully. Scoop the flesh of the avocado into a bowl; toss and coat with lime juice. Add the salt and mash until it’s a smooth consistency (I use an avocado masher.) Fold in remaining ingredients and mix. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 
 

3 comments:

Balvinder said...

Awesome! I love some heat in the guacamole!

Linda said...

My DIL makes guac very similar to this, and hers was my favorite for a long time. Then she stopped adding cilantro because "the girls don't like it" (my granddaughters), and it's just not the same without it. For me, the more cilantro, the better. I've not tried jalapenos in mine but wow that sounds good.

Alycia Nichols said...

This spells big trouble for me!!! I could eat it by the bowlful!!!!!! Now you have to come work out with me to make up for putting the temptation right out there in plain sight!😂😂😂😂