Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Whipped Pimiento Cheese

As God is my witness, this will be the LAST recipe that you get from me for pimiento cheese…probably. This whipped version just barely qualifies as pimiento cheese, in my opinion, because it contains so many ingredients, including a wide variety of different cheeses. Despite that fact, it goes together easily by tossing everything into the food processor, and the results are wonderful. It’s great as a sandwich spread, it’s a wonderful burger topper, but I like it best as a part of a charcuterie board because it is so delicious when spread on slices of apple, or when grapes and/or cornichons are used as dippers. If you prefer savory to sweet in such instances, tiny cherry tomatoes are perfect as dippers here. The smoothness of this cheese makes it more versatile than the classic version. You are going to love it!

Whipped Pimiento Cheese
Adapted from Chef Steven Goff

1/3 jar
Melissa’s roasted red bell peppers
½ lb. aged cheddar cheese, shredded
2 oz. triple-cream brie
2 oz. Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 oz. cream cheese
¼ c.
Duke’s mayonnaise
¼ c. yogurt*
1 T.
TexasPete hot sauce
1 T. Texas Pete hot sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
½ t.
Melissa’s minced garlic
King cobra malt liquor to thin (8 ounces or so)**

 Drain peppers and purée in a food processor. Add cheeses, mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, and seasonings and purée until combined. Slowly add malt liquor blending until smooth.

* I used Greek
** I used Guinness


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

3 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I like that Guinness substitution!

Linda said...

I hope it's not your last pimento cheese recipe! This one looks like a winner, especially with all those cheeses in it. Love the cherry tomatoes as dippers.

Alycia Nichols said...

Malt liquor?!??!?! Really??? Well, I'll be darned! This looks really good and may very likely be my first foray into the world of pimento cheese!