Monday, April 4, 2022

Blueberry Broccoli Salad

Let’s start the week with something healthy and nutritious, savory and sweet, chewy, crunchy, juicy, and bursting with flavor. I bought a lot of broccoli to use in a couple of new recipes I had discovered. A couple days after I bought the broccoli, those “discovered” recipes were nowhere to be found. Time to get creative. The first thing that came to mind -- other than enjoying broccoli as a vegetable with my evening meal -- was to make my mom’s broccoli salad, but I didn’t have grapes on hand. Enter the fat, juicy, and ever-so-sweet blueberries that I had, and this wonderful combination has become one of my new faves. The crunch of the toasted pecans, the chewiness of the broccoli, the peppery onion, the sweet blueberries, salty bacon, and the tasty dressing, make this a salad you’re going to want to enjoy again and again. It doesn’t get much healthier than this.

Blueberry Broccoli Salad

2 c. fresh broccoli florets
1/3 c. diced red onion
½ c. diced celery
2/3 c. fresh blueberries1/3 c. broken pecans, toasted

3-4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/3 c.
raspberry vinegar
2 T. sugar
2 T.
raspberry vinegar
Pinch of dry mustard

 In large salad bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, celery, blueberries, and toasted pecans. In another bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, and dry mustard; pour over broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Stir in bacon just before serving.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

4 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Interesting combination of flavors in this salad. Of course no bacon for me.

Marie Smith said...

This will be on my spring salad menu!

Linda said...

Where did you get your blueberries? It is so nice to get them when they are actually juicy and not mushy. The combo of broccoli and blueberries and "crunchies" sounds and looks wonderful, especially with that slaw-ish dressing - yum!

Alycia Nichols said...

The photo is BEAUTIFUL, and I already know the taste is outstanding! Thank goodness blueberry season will be in full swing again soon. We NEED fresh blueberries in abundance!!!!!!!