Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Peanut Butter Heavenly Hash Squares

Easter is on the way and, as usual, thoughts of the heavenly hash eggs that I would annually give to my dad, come to mind. He loved his sweets, particularly when studded with marshmallows and nuts. I added peanut butter to this version, taking it over the top. Dad would have loved it!

Peanut Butter Heavenly Hash Squares

 1 11-oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips

1 11-oz. bag butterscotch chips

1 c. Jif peanut butter

½ c. roughly chopped pecans, toasted

2 c. mini marshmallows

 Prepare a 9” x 9” baking pan by lining it with parchment paper, allowing 2”-3” excess to hang out over two sides of the pan. This will allow you to lift the whole block out of the pan once it has cooled, making slicing a breeze.

Prepare a makeshift double boiler by using a 6-quart saucepan half full of water, and a large metal mixing bowl. Into this bowl place chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter. Stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture has melted. Add the marshmallow and nuts, folding them together until they are well coated.

Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing it out, and flattening the top as well as you are able. Allow the chocolate to firm at room temperature before slicing. Do not refrigerate at this stage, or you whist risk getting white streaks in your chocolate.

Once it has firmed (3 - 4 hours on the countertop) you may then store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

4 comments:

hugbandit7 said...

Oh my word I am going to make these soon. I think I even have everything. I love the heavenly hash candy you can get at Easter from Elmer's Candy

Marie Smith said...

I am always on the lookout for gluten free dessert recipes. Thanks for this.

Linda said...

Gosh that looks good! I mean it not only sounds delicious, but from the photos it looks so smooth and creamy. I think the only time I mixed butterscotch with chocolate was in the disappearing marshmallow brownies, and I love the way it tastes together.

Alycia Nichols said...

I have never heard of this before, but it looks good! The pecans and peanut butter alone draw me in!!! So easy, too! I need to find my double boiler. I think it's stored downstairs since I rarely use it. This would be worth looking for it!