Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Creamy Taco Soup


Of all the days of the week, Sunday is the day that I spend the most time in the kitchen. I’m not sure why that is, but that seems to be the case. This past weekend, I whipped up a wide variety of things that should take me the rest of the week, with plenty to go into the freezer for weeks to come. One of my favorite dishes was this creamy taco soup. I adapted it from a number of recipes I found online, adding my own personal touch, and lots of tasty toppings. Hearty and robust, the flavors just don’t stop. The kids are going to love this one, it's like a taco in a bowl.

Creamy Taco Soup

 2 T. olive oil

½ c. diced green pepper

1 yellow onion, chopped

1 T. Melissa’s minced garlic

1 lb. ground chuck

2 T. taco seasoning

4 c. beef broth

1-2 Melissa’s pickled jalapeños*, minced

2 14.5-oz. cans fire-roasted tomatoes

1 15.5-oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed

1 12-oz. can corn, drained

8 oz. cream cheese, cubed and softened

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

 In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add bell pepper and onion, and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.

Add ground chuck and cook until browned; stir in taco seasoning.

 Once meat has browned, add broth, jalapeños, tomatoes, pinto beans, corn, and chilies. Bring to a bowl, then reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted, then season to taste with salt and pepper.

 Top as you see fit.

 *Optional

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Right up my alley, I can almost taste it!

Gina said...

The secret ingredient is always cream cheese! Ha! Seriously, I think this sounds comforting and filling and something I should make soon!

Balvinder said...

Its been raining here and I think I should make something to warm our insides.Your taco soup looks perfect for the night.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Wonderful flavors in this creamy soup. Love the way you fanned the avocado.

thepaintedapron.com said...

Sounds wonderful Pattie!
Jenna