Thursday, February 29, 2024

Leprechaun Dance Tablescape

 
I realize that February is a short month, but it really seemed to fly by lickety-split compared to January that seemed months long. Here we are, on the last day, looking ahead to March, and all it has to provide: longer days, the first day of spring, Easter, and the opening of the baseball season. It also plays host to St. Patrick’s Day, one of my favorite foodie holidays. 
I make corned beef and cabbage, colcannon, and Irish soda bread every year for St. Patrick’s Day, and set myself a nice table. I decided to base this year’s table on flowers I received for Valentine’s Day -- a giant bouquet of alstroemerias in a variety of colors. In rearranging them (as I am wont to do), I thought that there was just something about the white and yellow stems that told me this year’s St. Pat’s table needed a big touch of yellow. 
I’m very pleased with the way it turned out. The centerpiece is my Fitz and Floyd leprechaun pitcher that has been making an appearance annually for the past 20 years.
It is joined by a relatively new acquisition (a number of years ago), the matching leprechaun salt and pepper shakers.Bordallo Pinheiro geranium leaf chargers in deep green provide the base of the plate stack. They are topped with yellow Waechtersbach dinner plates, and a Bordallo geranium leaf salad plate. 
The plates are separated by a pale green plaid Pottery Barn napkin, and topped off with wonderful yellow soup bowls with handles, perfect for serving a bowl of Irish Potato Leek soup.

 
The Primastone Radiant Noritake flatware has been around for probably about 35 years. The yellow goblets have been around equally as long, and always draw comments. 
The green water glasses are from Villeroy and Boch.
   As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday


6 comments:

Linda said...

Your tablescape is pretty and fun. The alstroemerias look particularly pretty on the table, and I LOVE the touch of yellow.
In other news, I saw that Bath and Body Works has a new wallflower scent called Irish Pound Cake! I definitely want to try that one.

Gina said...

I love these colors! When I was in high school, my mother let me redecorate my room by myself and this was THE combo I choose of warm buttery gold and Irish green. What a pretty table - what's for lunch?

mjmaterazo said...

This is such a festive table. The yellow handled bowls are great for the occasion. I love all the figurines too. Perfect colors with Irish green and pot of gold yellow. XO- MaryJo

Marie Smith said...

Love the table, as usual!

thepaintedapron.com said...

Happy March Pattie! Your St. Pat's table is wonderful, I love love that F&F leprechaun pitcher! The yellow and white alstromeria are perfect and those leprechaun S&Ps are adorble! The plate stack is so pretty, it is all delightful!
Jenna

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, ladies. I must admit, this table quickly became a favorite of mine. I’m trying to figure out how I can work the same color combination into an Easter table.