Monday, May 27, 2024

Beef Burgers with Bourbon Mushrooms

 
I love a good burger, and have always lamented the fact that, in order to get one, I had to go out for it, because burgers in restaurants always taste better than those that I make at home. Until now. This recipe is an adaptation from one I found in a local publication, Sauce Magazine back in 2016. I amped up the seasoning, increased the amount of bourbon ever so slightly, and the result was phenomenal. If you love burgers, the way that I do, you need to add this recipe to your burger repertoire.
Beef Burgers with Bourbon Mushrooms

1 lb. ground chuck 

4 strips bacon, cooked and minced 

2 T. Worcestershire sauce

1 t. freshly ground black pepper

Brown Sugar Bourbon seasoning

1 lb. crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced

¾ c. bourbon

Kosher salt, to taste

4 slices white cheddar

4 brioche buns, toasted

In a large bowl, mix together beef, bacon, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and Brown Sugar Bourbon seasoning. Divide into 4 even portions, form into 1-inch thick patties; set aside.

 In a 12” skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms and sauté until the mushrooms are golden-brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Add the bourbon and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, 4 to 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and cover.

 Increase the heat to medium-high, add the remaining 4 tablespoons butter, and cook until butter becomes deep golden-brown, about 5 minutes. Add the patties and cook until seared and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium doneness.

 Divide the cheese between the patties and cover the skillet. When the cheese has melted, place the patties on the toasted buns and top each with the bourbon mushrooms.

   As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

4 comments:

Donna said...

This sounds and looks delicious!
hugs
Donna

Gina said...

Gosh I haven't made a good homemade burger in so long. A mushrooms and cheese combo is so good on a burger! I need to haul out out my mini grill/hibachi doo dad this week!

Marie Smith said...

The bourbon seasoning is a new one for me. I have never seen it but I will look for it now. I have never bought bourbon either. I’ll have to rectify that.

Linda said...

I'm not a fan of drinking bourbon, but I do love to cook with it, and bourbon mushrooms on a burger sound scrumptious. That brown sugar bourbon seasoning is going on my list!