Monday, May 6, 2024

Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms

 
 Are you ready for something new and exciting for Meatless Monday? Well then, you have come to the right place. Not only is this recipe super simple to make, but also extremely versatile. It can be used as a sumptuous side dish, ladled over a sizzling steak, or, to get a magnificent main dish, toss it with the hot cooked pasta of your choice. It is amazingly good, and tastes as though it’s much more difficult and time-consuming to make.Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms

Adapted from dailyviral.net

 2 T. butter

1 T. extra virgin olive oil

6 cloves garlic, minced

8 oz, whole baby bella mushrooms

⅓ c. heavy cream

2 T. cream cheese, room temperature

⅓ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese

¼ t. onion powder

¾ t. Italian seasoning

Salt and pepper, to taste

Fresh parsley, to garnish

Rinse and clean the mushrooms and pat dry.

Melt butter and olive oil in a 10" skillet over medium heat

Add mushrooms and cook until browned, around 5 – 7 minutes.

 Add garlic, cream, cream cheese, Parmesan, onion powder, and Italian seasoning, and cook for 5 – 10 minutes, until sauce is thick and creamy. Salt and pepper to taste.

 Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

5 comments:

Marie Smith said...

They look so good. Great photos too, as always.

Linda said...

Gosh Pattie this looks so, so good, and I'm putting mushrooms on my grocery list right now! I love the idea of putting it on top of steak.

Gina said...

I need to get back to a meatless Monday kinda thing, myself, but I work Mondays, so I don't cook...whomp whomp. As usual, this looks good enough to lick my computer screen!

Angie's Recipes said...

That cheesy sauce looks so GOOD! Bet it would be great to go with steak too.

thepaintedapron.com said...

My mouth is watering just reading your recipe Pattie, this sounds amazing!
Jenna