Thursday, May 30, 2024

I Love Lemons Tablescape

 
It doesn’t seem that long ago, but it has been nearly 10 years since I wrote a post about the play food that I used to love as a child, you can read it here. Despite the fact that I haven’t been a child for a longer than I care to admit, I still love play food. Recently, I was shopping at one of my favorite places, The White Hare, when I found this pitcher of lemonade. It was a part of a set that included glasses of lemonade, but they were mason jars, and that wasn’t the look I was going for. I cannot tell you how long I circled this pitcher before I bought it, their 20% off sale justifying the expense. 
Once I got home with it, I knew I had to set a table around it, and that is how this one was born.
 
A pretty tablecloth can make even the simplest table beautiful. This is one of my favorites, because it always says summer to me. 
I kept the antique crystal candleholders from last time, pairing them with a white ironstone pitcher full of yellow Alstroemerias. 
Bordallo Pinheiro geranium leaf chargers.provide a good base for yellow Waechtersbach dinner plates. They are topped with Bordallo Pinheiro Majolica Green Geranium Leaf salad plates on which I have placed a mini wreath (also from The White Hare) and faux lemon.The bubbly green water glasses are Villeroy & Boch; stemmed juice glasses were inherited from a family friend. 
One of my favorite sets of salt and pepper shakers is this cut lemon pair, adding a touch of whimsy.
  Flatware, that I get a lot of use out of, is Flatware is vintage Noritake Primastone.

 
I hope this table brightened you day.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday


5 comments:

Donna said...

Oh, how pretty!! Well done...
hugs
Donna

Marie Smith said...

A lemon feast for the eyes!

Linda said...

It definitely brightened my day! I went to your link and read your 2013 post. How incredible that your childhood pieces were in such beautiful condition, and how lovely that your Mother kept them. LOVE the lemonade pitcher! Also the tablecloth and the flatware, the shakers - everything is such eye candy.

Gina said...

My favorite thing about this are the tea glasses - so, so pretty. And now I'm off to read that long-ago published blog post.

thepaintedapron.com said...

Beautiful Pattie, so full of summer! I love your lemon tablecloth and the bubbly Villeroy & Boch water glasses, so pretty. I also love the way you styled the plates with mini wreaths and lemon. You can enjoy this table all summer long~
Jenna