Thursday, May 9, 2024

Simple, Serene Summer Tablescape

  How does the song go? “Summertiiiiime, and the living is easy.” That’s going to be my plan for the entire summer of 2024. Easy living, peace, serenity. No complicated food or plans, just relaxing and enjoying. That’s what I had in mind when I created this table — simple and serene.
Even though this is a low maintenance and serene table, that does not mean that it isn’t attractive. I started with the tablecloth that I found in a closet recently and had completely forgot buying. I loved not just the pattern, but the quiet colors. That’s not to say that I don’t like bold colors, but there’s something about entering the summer season, that I like to do quietly.
Rustic chargers are on top of Woven Placemats giving it a simple farmhouse look.
 
The dinnerware is one of my absolute favorites. It is by Portmeirion, and a part of their 'Garden Roses' collection. The salad plate on top has the same pattern as the plate below.
The cup and saucer are also from Portmeirion, from the 'Garden Harmony' collection and complement the plates quite well.The hammered flatware by Mikasa in the 'Opulent' pattern reflects light in various angles as it bounces off each facet. The napkins, from Amazon, in deep green, pair nicely. 
The glazed pitcher in the center, I found here, is filled with a spray of simple grasses.
 
It is flanked on either side by etched crystal, antique candlesticks that the Late Mr. O-P bought me for our first Christmas together. I had thought about using white candles here, but I gave the green a try and I really liked it. I think the green candles keep the table from being washed out. 
The glassware is from La Rocher. These glasses work equally well for water as they do wine, shrimp cocktail, or a dessert mousse. I find them very versatile.I hope that you plan to relax and make the living easy for your family this summer. Enjoy each day.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday

3 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Gorgeous as usual. A feast for the eyes as usual!

thepaintedapron.com said...

So so pretty Pattie, the green and white will make you feel cool too! Love the dishware~
Jenna

Linda said...

What a lovely, peaceful table. Those candlesticks are beautiful, love the green in them. How fun to discover a tablecloth you had forgotten you bought!