Friday, November 19, 2021

Slow Cooker Arrabbiata Sauce

If you’re unfamiliar with Arrabiata sauce, let me tell you that the only difference between marinara sauce and Arrabiata sauce is heat; the latter employs the use of red pepper flakes. While many Arrabiata sauces are vegetarian, I like to add meat to mine because it makes it extra hearty and delicious.

This is a great slow cooker recipe because other than browning the meat (if you use it) everything just gets tossed into the slow cooker and hangs out all day long making your home smell like your favorite Italian restaurant. Use this in the same way that you would marinara sauce. It makes a lot, so be sure to store some in the freezer for future use.

Slow Cooker Arrabiata Sauce

1 lb. ground beef

½ t. Montreal Steak Seasoning

28 oz. can crushed tomatoes

28 oz. diced tomatoes, do not drain

6 oz. can tomato paste

2 T. brown sugar

½ c. diced white onion

2 garlic cloves minced

1½ T. Italian Seasoning

1 t. sea salt

¼ t. freshly ground black pepper

¼ - ½ t. red pepper flakes

 In a 10-inch skillet over medium/high heat, brown beef, crumbling as you go. Stir in steak seasoning. Drain fat on paper towel-lined plate. Place in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, and stir to combine. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low 7 to 8 hours. Serve over your favorite pasta.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

8 comments:

Marie Smith said...

As usual, it looks delicious. I think I’d like the heat though my husband isn’t a fan. We never use our slow cooker but have talked of it recently.

R's Rue said...

Yum

Alycia Nichols said...

I will definitely use the 1/2 t.+ for it! The more, the merrier!!! I’m so anxious to make this!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

One of my favorite pasta meals!! YUM

bread&salt said...

Dear friend! As usual presentation looks perfect. This pasta dish looks so healthy and tasty.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I love a good sauce for pasta and I learned something. Never knew the difference between the two sauces. Of course I would leave out the meat but making the sauce in the slow cooker is such a great idea.

The Tote Trove said...

I love that this is a slow cooker recipe! I have one but rarely use it. This sauce makes busting it out seem worth it!

Tanza Erlambang said...

I never consume Arrabiata sauce ... I should try it.

Have a wonderful weekend