Monday, November 22, 2021

Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake

 

I know that what I am about to reveal is going to stir controversy, but I am who I am, and I make no apologies when I say that the worst part of Thanksgiving dinner, for me, is dessert. I am not a particular fan of pies, but I find pumpkin and pecan (the former in particular) to be totally uninspired. As a consequence, I am always looking for something different, yet seasonably appropriate to serve for dessert.  I found this recipe on the Eagle Brand website, was intrigued, and decided to give it a try. It’s quite good! In fact, I think this would be equally good at a brunch as it would at dinner. If you’re looking for something different yet appropriate, the answer just may be right here.

Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake

1 c. vegetable oil

3 large eggs

½ c. sugar

1 14-oz. can of Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk

2 t. vanilla extract

1 15-oz. can pumpkin purée

2½ c. all-purpose flour

2 t. pumpkin pie spice

1 t. cinnamon

1/8 t. cloves

1 t. baking soda

2 t. baking powder

½ t. salt

½ c. buttermilk

 Glaze:

1 stick butter

1 c. sugar

¼ c. rum

½ c. chopped pecans

 Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a decorative 12-cup Bundt pan with Baker’s Joy.

In the work bowl of a stand mixer beat oil, eggs, and sugar together until well blended. Add milk, extract, and pumpkin purée, and beat until combined.

In a medium bowl whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add it to the liquid mixture, in increments, with mixer running. When the wet and dry ingredients are combined, slowly add buttermilk, beating until just combined.

Pour into prepared pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes until cake tests done. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and continue cooling for another 10 minutes. Transfer cake to serving plate.

In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and sugar together. When better has fully melted, stir in rum, and cook for five minutes. Remove from heat, add pecans, and spoon over top of cake.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


5 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

The sugar rum glaze sounds so good. I want to have a slice too :-)

Marie Smith said...

I make a cake similar to this but it’s not served in such a pretty way.

Gina said...

Oh, yes to that cake! Looks like a perfect Thanksgiving dessert! The pumpkin pie I love (and will make this year) also calls for Eagle condensed milk and features a graham crust with a spiced walnut streusel topping. YUM. Banish boring pumpkin pie, I say!

thepaintedapron.com said...

What a beautiful cake Pattie! I'm not big on pie either, I'm making a Pecan Pie Bubbleup with vanilla ice cream. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Jenna

The Tote Trove said...

Funny intro! You're not alone; the husband says no to pumpkin pie too. That said, what a beautiful Bundt cake! I love the fancy shape; it just may inspire me to haul out one of my two fancy never-used Bundt pans . . . :)