Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Almuerzo para Dos Tablescape

 
Every couple of months my aunt comes over for lunch. I don’t prepare it, instead I order from a favorite local Mexican place and have it delivered. We will then spend the afternoon sipping on margaritas, munching on chips and salsa, and enjoying our favorites from the restaurant.

I decided to set a table especially for the lunch this time. I recalled that years back (I’m talking more than a dozen) I had bought some Mexican fabric, so I decided to press it, hem it, and use it as a topper for the table. I took off from there.


The table would not have been at all appropriate without margarita glasses. We both love margaritas, and I love to make them. If you love them as much as we do, here is what I think is the best recipe for them.

 

At the center of this table is a southwestern vase that a friend had given me years ago. More alstroemerias were used, this time in orange and yellow.

Woven placemats are beneath Bordallo Pinheiro geranium leaf chargers. On top of the chargers are red plates from Pier One’s spice collection, orange salad plates by Corsica Home that my cousin had given me, on top of which I have lively Hausenware chile pepper plates.

Emile Henry crimped-edge ramekins are the perfect solution for holding salsa.


My mother’s red flatware seemed like the perfect choice here. The rust colored napkins are from Pier One, as are the sunflower napkin rings.

One of my favorite things on this table is the set of “Kissing Couple” salt and pepper shakers. This Mexican couple delights everyone who sees it. There are little magnets in the mouths of each, so they’re always kissing.

 The tangerine glass water bottle in lovely fall colors is by Blenko Glass Co., and holds a lot of margaritas I can tell you.

The next time you serve Mexican food, or even order in, be sure to set your table in a colorful and appropriate manner.

 As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday

7 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

That is so nice that you share time together like that with your aunt and that your create a really fun afternoon. The Mexican table looks inviting and cheerful. margaritas are one drink I just cannot get into. I love the idea but just can't seem to swallow tequila.Any other liquor I'm good, but something about tequila despite I love the look of a margarita!

Marie Smith said...

A feast for the eyes even without the food.

Gina said...

Love love love Mexican food AND margaritas and bringing it home from the restaurant to enjoy in a very pretty table setting is a genius way to have a fun and relaxing time with your aunt!

thepaintedapron.com said...

What a fun tradition and your table is so festive! I love your kissing couple, wonderful plate stack, and gorgeous Blenko water bottle~ all so perfect for your margarita fiesta! Ole!
Jenna

The Tote Trove said...

Oh, this is so fun and festive! I love all the bright, cheerful colors and agree that the salt and pepper shakers are adorable. And of course, being a reluctant cook, I'm liking that you ordered out. I'm sure that you and your aunt had (will have?) another lunch to remember. 🌮

Angie's Recipes said...

So pretty! I really love the colours and those plates are so beautiful.

Linda said...

What a gorgeous table! I especially love the beautiful Blenko bottle and the margarita glasses, and of course that precious kissing couple - I've never seen anything like it! That fabric is fabulous.