Thursday, September 1, 2022

Happy Trails Pumpkin Bread

These days with the prices of everything so high, I hate to waste a thing. So when I found leftover pumpkin purée lurking at the back of the fridge, I knew that I had to use it in some way. I am still craving pumpkin, so I decided to make another pumpkin loaf. I wanted one that contained lots of goodies like fruit, nuts, and chocolate. I decided to use all of those ingredients — those that are generally found in trail mix — hence the name. Oh my goodness, is this stuff good! It is fabulous on its own, but over the top wonderful when spread with cream cheese (cinnamon, pumpkin spice, or plain), and I found it wonderful when slathered with (hold onto your hats here) peanut butter! This is a winner! I think this is the best pumpkin bread that I’ve ever had.

Happy Trails Pumpkin Bread

 1¾ c. flour

1 t. baking soda

1 t. salt

½ t. baking powder

½ t. ground nutmeg

½ t. ground allspice

½ t. ground cinnamon 

¼ t. ground cloves

1 c. white sugar 

½ c. brown sugar

½ c. canola oil

2 lg. eggs

1 c. solid pack pumpkin puree 

1/3 c. brewed coffee

 Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9” x 5” loaf pan with Baker’s Joy; set aside.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon and cloves.

 In a large bowl with an electric mixer, blend sugars, oil, and eggs. Stir in pumpkin. Slowly blend the flour mixture into pumpkin mixture. While blending the mixture add coffee incrementally. Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan.

Bake for 75-80 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.

 

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

5 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

It is certainly as easy recipe and with fall on it's way, it's a good pumpkin recipe to have. Thanks.

Latane Barton said...

Oh my gracious goodness! My mouth is watering and my tummy growling. That looks divine!

Marie Smith said...

I will definitely make this! Thank you!

sandy said...

perfect for September. i want some.

Linda said...

With all the "best ever" pumpkin bread recipes floating around, I'll definitely try yours when you say it's the best you've had. The coffee is a winning ingredient!