Thursday, September 22, 2022

Hot Ham and Cheese Dip

 Ever since the Rams left St. Louis, my interest in football is (I was going to say diminished), really nonexistent. I do have friends who avidly follow football, and I do like the conviviality associated with gathering to watch a football game, and I particularly like the food. Here is a hearty hot ham and cheese dip that will please even the most ravenous of football fans. It’s make ahead, and will keep in the refrigerator for one or two days prior to baking if you want to prepare it in advance. Who doesn’t love hot ham and cheese?

 Hot Ham & Cheese Dip

 1 Melissa’s shallot, finely diced

2 T. butter

8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature

1 t. yellow mustard

1½ c. diced deli ham

1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

¼ c. whole milk

¼ c. sour cream

2 t. chives

 Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray an 8” x 8“ baking dish (or similarly sized casserole dish) with PAM; set aside.

  In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté shallot until transparent. Add cream cheese, and stir until it begins to melt; stir in mustard. Add remaining ingredients, turn the heat to low, and stir until everything is combined.

 Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until all of the cheeses have melted and the edges are hot and bubbly.

 Serve with crackers, chips, or small slices of toasted rustic bread.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 
 

5 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

That looks delicious and perfect for the season. That's a recipe I need to try.

Marie Smith said...

I will share this dip at our next family gathering.

Latane Barton said...

I often watch college football alone so my snacking is usually something I can just pop into my mouth. That dip.. maybe if I can get someone to watch football with me... it would be perfect.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

What's not to like! Sounds delish!

Linda said...

This looks absolutely delicious! Yes who doesn't love hot ham and cheese. I am going to try this next time we have some leftover deli ham. Thank you for adding "something different" to try instead of our ubiquitous sausage cheese dip. We love it, but we need to branch out! My favorite part of football games is the "at-home" tailgating - lol!