Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Cock-a-doodle-doo! Table for Two

I’ll bet, like me, you have a lot of things that you haven’t used in a long time. Apparently, I haven’t used this large chicken that makes up the centerpiece at this table in more than 10 years because I’ve never written about it on the blog, and I’ve been blogging for more than 10 years.

 I ran across it in the belly of the beast last week, decided to bring it upstairs, give it a good cleaning, and set a table around it. Here are the results. I think this is one of my most favorite tables. The colors are like an autumn sunset, so bold and beautiful.

 The bright red tablecloth that I used here is another one of those inexpensive linen tablecloths, of which I have many. There’s no reason not to stock up considering the low cost and the wide varieties of colors offered.

 I was tired of using the woven placemats that I believe I have used in the past three table settings, so I went with black to give it some drama.
On top of the placemats is a plate stack beginning with a Bordallo Pinheiro geranium leaf charger. This is topped with a deep yellow Waechtersbach plate that is then topped with an orange plate that I got from Pier 1.
I struggled with the napkins here. I tried a variety of autumnal solids, a couple of plaids, and ultimately decided that this cream colored napkin with the rooster on it from Williams-Sonoma was my best bet.

 
The flatware is Noritake.

The chicken glassware belonged to my mother. I don’t use these as often as I would like, but I think they work very well here.

The teapot and oversized mugs featuring a rooster on one side and a sunflower on the other are in the “Orange Rooster” pattern and are by Maxcera.

Aren’t the corn cob candlesticks the cutest?! I do not remember where I got them, but it was in one of the shops along Historic Main Street in Saint Charles, MO. (That really narrows it down for you, doesn’t it, particularly considering that stretch is about a mile long.) I don’t use these often, but when I do they always get comments.
 
What a colorful way to enjoy breakfast in the morning!

 

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday

 

4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

What a fun table! Great job!

Gina said...

Oh that chicken statue is fantastic! And thank you for reminding me I need a Fall tablecloth! What a pretty table (:

Angie's Recipes said...

Such a beautiful set up! That chicken center is cool.

The Tote Trove said...

How cute is this?! From the wordplay to the tableware, this is fall at its festive best. The napkins are particularly special; how fortuitous that you had them to round out your spectacular centerpiece! 🐓🍁