Monday, December 19, 2022

Stuffed Pickles


Some time ago I found a recipe for stuffed pickles online and kept it in the back of my mind. Part of me thought they would be really good, the other part of me thought they might be downright appalling. This week, armed with a huge jar of pickles (That, in my attempt to open, I flung across the room, watched it carom off one of the cabinets, hit the floor, and roll right back, landing at my feet, unbroken. Whew!) I decided to give it a try. They were really good! I like pickles, but I’m not an over-the-top lover of pickles, and I really enjoyed these. If you have friends who are pickle fanatics, they will be forever in your debt. The filling can be made ahead, as well as the slicing and hollowing out of the pickles. Store them covered, in the refrigerator, cut side down on a paper towel until ready to stuff.

Stuffed Pickles

4 large
whole dill pickles
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
½ c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
½ t.
dry ranch dressing mix
2 thick slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Freshly ground black pepper

Slice pickles in half lengthwise and, using a
grapefruit spoon or something similar, hollow out the insides.

Place cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing mix, bacon, and lots of pepper into a medium mixing bowl. With a hand mixer, beat until creamy. Generously stuff each hollowed out pickle and place into the basket of an air fryer. Air fry for eight minutes at 400°F. Serve warm with ranch dressing on the side, or drizzle a bit over the tops.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

3 comments:

Gina said...

I have quite a few pickle lovers in my life and these look fun!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I have to say that they do look good- when I read the title my first impression was weird. Sounds like a good holiday appetizer. Glad you are ok after kitchen slip.

Marie Smith said...

I will try these this week. I like, not love dill pickles too.